General unlock FAQ
All factory unlock criteria and ultrasn0w supported basebands located at the bottom of the thread.
FAQ covers which iPhone’s and basebands can be unlock and how to go about it, for more help please reply back.
1: iPhone 2G can be unlocked using quickpwn & redsn0w, iPhone 2G was only updated to iOS 3.1.3.
- When unlocking this iPhone you may have to direct redsn0w to iOS 3.1.2 as it was the closest at the time.
2: iPhone 3G can be unlocked using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze and installing the iPad baseband or getting factory unlock (Latest redsn0w is recommended)
3: iPhone 3Gs (manufactured before the 28th week of 2011) can be unlocked on some lower basebands using ultrasn0w or by installing iPad baseband.
- If your iPhone 3Gs was made after the week 28 of 2011, you have to wait for ultrasn0w to support your baseband.
- If your iPhone 3Gs was made around the week 28 of 2011, you can either attempt to unlock with the iPad baseband or open the iPhone or physically check the baseband chip.
(ATTENTION!!! A failed attempt will leave you with a bricked iPhone.)
4: iPhone 4 can be unlocked using one of the three methods listed.
- Ultrasn0w for baseband 01.59.00
- Interposer (Gevey sim or Rsim) for most basebands under iOS 5.1
- Factory unlock through the carrier (Must meet at least one of the criteria listed below)
5: iPhone 4s GSM antenna can be factory unlocked through carrier or with interposer (Gevey sim or Rsim) on select basebands or iOS, CDMA antenna can only be flashed (Ask for assistance most are paid services)
Factory unlock criteria.
- You have canceled your contract and paid the cancellation fee.
- You have completed your contract and are in good standing with the carrier (also updated the iPhone at least 1 time through carrier)
- Active military you are deployed, or are going to deploy.
Ultrasn0w compatible basebands.
eBay is a last ditch effort for a factory unlock, some sellers offer unlocks for all generation iPhone’s (we do not guarantee this method will work and take no responsibility.)
If you’ve updated to iOS 5+ ultrasn0w may have issues working if so use click here to following guide.
Some unlock methods require the idevice to be jailbroken if you need a guide, you can access our jailbreak wizard through the provided link here.
Last edited by J03Y4G; 05-18-2012 at 01:26 AM.